Analysis and Optimization of Pre- and Probiotic properties
Analysis and Optimization of Probiotic Properties
With help of established assays we provide a time and cost-efficient support for the analysis and optimization of probiotic properties.
Example of analysis available:
- Testing the resistance of strain(s) to simulated stomach and/or gut conditions
- Testing the natural binding capacity of strain(s) to human intestinal cells such as Caco2, HT29, T84-cell models, etc.
- Taxonomy analysis (Using MALDI-TOF, RAPD-Profiling, etc.)
- Testing virulence factors (presence or absence of Plasmid, antibiotic resistance profile, factors observed in the genus or species etc.)
- Testing in vivo properties (intrinsic immunogenicity etc.)
Using a combination of selection processes like High throughput specific sub-cloning, function specific isolation processes and targeted optimization of culture conditions; we help customers to strongly improve the probiotic properties of their strains.
Analysis and Optimization of Functional Properties
Beside basic probiotic properties, we provide customers with support for the analysis and optimization of specific functional properties like anti-microbial properties, anti-viral properties, immunomodulatory properties etc.
Analysis of anti-microbial properties:
- Neutralization of pathogens (co-aggregation assay)
- Antibiotic properties (production of bacteriocins)
- Exclusion of pathogen(s) (binding of pathogen(s) and /or pathogen recepto(s))
- Anti-viral properties (binding of virus and/or virus proteins)
- In vivo infection and immunization challenge models
*We have the ability to work with pathogens classified under risk class S2 and S3** according to German biological agents regulation
Analyze of anti-cytotoxicity properties:
- Neutralization of cytotoxicity effect on intestinal cell lines such as Caco2, T84, HT29, IPEC-J2 etc.
Analyze immunomodulatory properties:
- Induction/inhibition of cytokine production
- Expression of antigen on the surface of bacteria
- in vivo immunization
- Bacteria antibody-specific quantification assay
Using a combination of selection processes like High throughput specific sub-cloning, function specific isolation processes and targeted optimization of culture conditions; we help customers to strongly improve the properties of their strains.
Analysis and Optimization of Prebiotic Properties
We provide customers with support for the analysis and optimization of prebiotic properties (for food ingredients, Phytopharmaca etc.).
We support the analysis of prebiotic and antibiotic properties based on:
- pure culture of tageted strain(s)
- co-culture of several strains
- culture of feces samples
We are using several methods to analysis of the prebiotic properties of tested subtsances including, cultivation on species specific media, species specific PCRs etc.
Please, discuss with us your requests and questions: Contact Us